Thursday, July 23, 2020

The day my sister swapped me for a puppy (Part 1)

The day my sister swapped me for a puppy
(Part 1)

The world is full of calamity: tsunamis, earthquakes, birds choking to death on oil spills, floods, famine, war and  Amelia - my disaster of a sister. She is 8 years old and has the I. Q. of a headless chicken. Reading this you're probably thinking, can someone really have such little intelligence? Well yes, yes someone can and that someone is my sister. Now before I get into the story I will quickly introduce myself, my name is Lucas and today i’m going to tell you about the day my empty-headed,  little sister tried to swap me for a puppy!


Rinnnnggg! Went the bell at my Amelia’s school. Her and all of her friends started to dawdle home from school. Eventually all of them separated and walked back to their own houses. Then suddenly, something caught Amelia’s eye, it sat down, it glimpsed at Amelia then went back to staring into space. It was a cute, little puppy. “Hey there little fella” she said to it in a gentle tone. “Are you lost”?she asked. 
The puppy whimpered softly. 
‘Maybe it could come home with me’ she took the thought into careful consideration. Just kidding she did not take the idea into careful consideration what-so-ever, she saw the puppy as an adorable, helpless little puppy that she could just take home! So that’s exactly what she did. 


As Amelia approached the front door she stuffed the puppy into her tatty, old school bag in hope that no one would spot her. While smuggling the small dog, (that was probably scared out of its mind trying to scratch its way out of her dark, smelly school bag), Amelia ran to the back door! Her hand could almost grab the door handle just when… Lucas stepped right out in front of her. “What ya doin’” he said in a mocking tone.
“Nothing, nothing at all”
“I know you're up to something”. 
“No I, I ummm I just wanted some uh FRESH AIR, fresh air that’s why I, ya know need to go outside” Amelia stuttered unconvincingly.  
“Open your bag,” Lucas ordered.
“Well you see I have a really bad report card in my bag and I don’t want you to read it,” Amelia lied.
“Ok, I know you're lying, first of all you don’t get your report in two weeks and”.....  
But then Lucas got cut off by a bark. 


“What was that, are you hiding something, oh my gosh you’re hiding something I can tell, is it a dog because the noise sounded like a bark, oh my gosh you've smuggled a dog” Lucas blurted out in a hurry.
“OMG do you read minds or something” Amelia yelled while unzipping her bag.
The Puppy jumped out, went through the cat flap and ran into the back yard. 

  



No comments:

Post a Comment