Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Book Review

Book: Midnight for Charlie Bone
Author: Jenny Nimmo
Setting: Bloor's Academy, Benjamin and Charlie’s house ( 12 and 9 Filbert street )


One day Charlie ordered a photo while looking at this photo he heard unfamiliar voices. His evil Yewbeam aunts and his horrible grandma Bone were delighted with his new endowed talent. Charlie was sent to Bloor’s Academy, an Academy for endowed or very talented children. He meets nice, evil, magical people on his Journey.

My two favourite characters are Charlie and the mysterious bookshop owner Miss Ingledew. I enjoyed reading about Miss Ingledew because she was a mysterious character and she made me want to read about her more and more. Charlie was also a mysterious character in this story he was also humourous, kind and happy.   

My favourite part of the book is when Charlie’s friend Emma Tolly found out she could fly. I liked this part because that is when Emma after 10 years finally found her only relative.
This book could actually be my most favourite book in the world. I could just read this book over and over and never get bored of this fabulous book. I like this book because there are questions, answers, mysteries and a whole lot more that make this book the best in the WORLD!!

I would recommend this book to children between 8 and 12 years old. I would give this book a five out of five star rating. If only there were more illustrations to show all the exciting events.

No comments:

Post a Comment